Here is the recipe for the Green Detox I created this morning. There is no strict proportions and you can change or substitute ingredients as much as you want.
Green Detox Smoothie
- about 1 cup of frozen mango chunks (instead of ice, also adds natural sweetener to the smoothie)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple (unpeeled, cut into chunks, has a lot of vitamins, and fiber)
- 1 cup of raw kale (packed cup, great detox vegetable)
- 1/2 cup raw broccoli florets (also a detox vegetable)
- lemon or lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1-2 dates or prunes (detox fruit, natural sweetener)
- 1/2-3/4 cup of soy milk (for protein)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (optional - if adding - soak for at least 20 min)
- 2 scoops of Green Defense powder * (Jarrow Formula supplement)
Put all ingredients to the blender and blend away! Makes about 2 servings.
* Green Defense Powder description from Amazon. com:
"Scientific studies confirm that phytonutrients such as chlorophyll; polyphenols; carotenoids and other antioxidants help support body's antioxidation defense.* Green Defense is rich in phytonutrients that help support the body's self-defense mechanisms; detoxify and nourish the body; and assist in the achievement of total well being.* Green Defense provides an array of nature's best ingredients: Antioxidants; including resveratrol along with other polyphenols from green tea; grape seed and citrus. Metabolin probiotic metabolites (a rich source of organic acids; polysaccharides and natural bacteriocins) to help balance the intestinal microflora and promote detoxification.* Peptidoglycans (from cell walls of friendly bacteria; Propionibacterium shermani ssp.) to support immune function.* Fibers from apple; rice bran and FOS (FructoOligoSaccharides) to promote the growth of good bacteria and enhance detoxification.* No refined sugars or artificial flavors. Keep out of the reach of children. ORAC Value (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) > 2100/Serving"